Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Emerge!


I've been talking about the E-Course I'm taking with Kelly Rae Roberts and how wonderful it's been in preparing me to take flight once again. Well now, in addition to taking flight, I have a new friend and a new word.

Emerge........allow me to share!

On Friday, one of my 'Flying Friends', Cindy, came to visit. We hit it off instantly! It was just so special to be able to spend time with a like minded person! This is the first time an internet friendship has transformed into a real life friendship for me. It's very special. Cindy is a beautiful, kind, intelligent and talented soul. I'm so happy to call her my friend.





We shared stories about our lives, our art and our journeys. I shared this quotation on Facebook on Friday even before we met;

"I may not know you, but I know I am a lot like you, and that we can relate to each other. I know that we are not alone with our challenges and feelings. And knowing that is truly great."

And it proved to be ever so true. We come from different parts of the world, grew up in different ways and yet the similarities exceed the differences!

I asked Cindy to bring along some of her art, which she did. Beautiful work and all from the heart, you can feel it. At the end of it all, came the surprise! She actually asked me to pick one of her pieces! I declined at first.....I wasn't pretending or anything, but each piece just held so much meaning, but she insisted, and so I did. I picked a piece titled 'Emerge'.

Cindy said "Emerge" was her 'word' last year, and now it's mine! This is so symbolic and again, so special! I don't mean to be nerdy, but I even though I know what emerge means, I just had to look it up to really make sure I was embodying the word. So,

: to become manifest : become known

: to rise from or as if from an enveloping fluid : come out into view

: to rise from an obscure or inferior position or condition

: to come into being through evolution .....

This couldn't have come into my life at a better time.

Thank you Cindy!

Even though I am happy I've found a new friend, I am also sad, sad because she'll be moving soon. But then again, it won't matter too much, I know we'll always have our friendship!

So thank you Kelly Rae for bringing together this collection of amazing women, women from different parts of the world, all wildly talented, all on the quest of emerging, of flying!

It's beautiful.

12 comments:

  1. Wow how exciting that the two of you got together. What a beautiful story Shirley & beautiful artwork Cindy. Chelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I"m going to meet someone this Friday from Flying Lessons. Hopefully it will be a good connection just like yours.

    Thanks for sharing this--put a smile on my face:)

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post! Thanks for sharing this picture of you two and a little about you time together - what a special opportunity for both of you. I also got to meet someone from Flying Lessons this weekend, Kelly Hoernig! We met at the Create Mixed-Media retreat. She is way further down the path than I am and graciously shared much of her experience with me. Here's to celebrating new friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go ladies! I am so happy for your meeting! I can't wait for our play date on Sept 18 I am looking forward to making even more connections with my new found friends!! Let's all keep evolving together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad some fellow fly-ers had a chance to meet in person - Thanks for sharing :) Lovely artwork
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the picture of you two beaming into the camera! The energy coming from it is amazing. How wonderful you met in real life - and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! I am so glad the two of you got to spend time together. Such a gift. I am so grateful for the community of beautiful creative souls that are emerging together in our "Flying Lessons".... thank you Kelly Rae for bringing us together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opportunity. So many wonderful things have happened beacause of this class and will continue to happen. So awesome that the two of you got a chance to visit and share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the kind words. They are all mutual, I assure you! I enjoyed meeting you and starting a new friendship -- although it feels like we've been friends forever! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best for your Etsy shop, thank you for being part of the Fly Tribe and the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete