Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Redefined


"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."

Marilyn Monroe




I've been 'wanting' to blog again for months, but I just couldn't. I haven't been inspired.

Why?

I was talking to a dear friend a couple of weeks ago, she also has a blog which hasn't been as active as she would like. I told her that I simply wasn't inspired to write about one thing when I was feeling another. She said she felt the same way! In that moment, I felt validated and I started wondering. What if I really wrote what was on my mind? After all I am a writer! (Thanks to Danielle LaPorte who is my current faraway super mentor! I'm reading FireStarter Sessions and Style Statements right now. Recently, she said something that got me thinking.....she said what you call yourself matters! And so, yes, I am a Writer. You can find the article here)

So, what am I feeling?

Motherhood has been the greatest blessing of my life. My son is my world! I cannot imagine how my life could have ever been worthwhile without him. He IS my life! And I thank God everyday!

However............motherhood has turned me upside down and inside out! It's turned me into a psycho on some days, a bag full of out of control emotions on other days. It's made me question so many aspects of my life and bottom line, I'm exhausted.

But this is not to whine about motherhood. No. It's about seeking to find a better way to BE. An easier way to live this life which is now my own.

Lately, I've been drawn to Femininity and The Feminist Movement. In some strange way, I feel like I have to fight with myself (not men) to be a woman. There's this internal struggle and I think it's basically my true authentic self fighting to be acknowledged.

Who, dare I ask is this Authentic Self? The true feminine. The soft feminine. The state in which I probably was (let's say before age 5) before the world started dictating who I was to be and how I was to live.

I'm on this journey to reclaim The Feminine.

And now, I feel like writing. And like blogging.

So am I going to stop posting about Fashion, Style, Design, Lifestyle etc.....? NO! Now that I've laid this added foundation, it gives me the perfect and most authentic feeling container to express myself in a manner that feels true to who I am and who I aspire to be.

Let's do this!

Of course, I couldn't leave without a little eye candy, could I?

.


Here's a video which also inspired me, I would like to share it with you too! It was actually a wedding present from someone to his wife. The messages are very inspiring!


See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your angst! Motherhood is so complex yet beautiful and fulfilling . In the midst of being everything to those you love most, one feels lost occasionally so the self discovery or uncovering begins. Be encouraged.. Embrace the uncertainty of your discovery, do not be ashamed of the questions you ask ... Unpeel and accept , yet dare to be unconventional ! You have one free spirited follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Adwoa! You have to know that you've been a major force in inspiring me to blog again. Thank you so so much for all the love and support! I am so grateful to have you in my life again. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete