Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

In Love Again!

I've been so busy! But I have so much to share!!!! So I'm going to take this in bite sizes OK.

As you may know (or not), I'm back in school and up until now, I've simply been going with the flow, grateful for the opportunity that I have to still be a full time mom and a full time student. I'm also appreciative of the fact that I'm becoming a better and stronger designer.

However, since I began the MFA, I haven't been over the moon excited about anything, and I know it's also because of the overwhelm of becoming a mother.

All that changed last night!

I'm excited! I'm in love again!!!!

I've taken two draping classes upon arriving here in the States and they were amazing, but I'm taking a draping class now which has opened me up to more possibilities than I can handle!!!! I don't want to get too technical, but this semester, we're learning how to drape and create designs with simple geometric shapes! It's only been 2 weeks! I feel like new life has been breathed into my ability to create!

Let me stop 'talking' and show you!

I stayed up all night (I was inspired!) and created over 50 designs out of only 4 pieces of fabric!!!! And believe me when I say, I'm only scratching the surface!!!! Moreover, these were done in muslin, which is not the most inspiring fabric! Just wait till I get my hands on the good stuff! I'll be unstoppable!!!!


I have to sketch my favorites as part of my assignment. I'll show them to you when they're done.



I'm in love again my friends! Truly in love again!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just inspirational. I'll love to take a draping class too pleasssssse.

    Jacqui Johnson

    ReplyDelete